Aircraft Technician I - Savannah, GA
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
The Aircraft Technician I, under close supervision, performs or assists with inspection, maintenance, and repair of basic aircraft systems and structures.
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments. Perform basic aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications under close supervision. Assist with movement of aircraft as required.
- Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic power units, hydraulic lift platforms, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.).
- Ensure all customer property is properly protected.
- Use material tracking system to create parts demand, and to charge labor to Work Orders, items, and squawks.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic and de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required. and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address and report unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate or 2 years of aviation maintenance experience.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Requisition is created for all shifts, all service centers in Savannah.
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift as assigned by Service Team Manager.
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)