Seeking Mechanics in Charleston, SC
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS Tech is seeking Mechanics for positions in Charleston, SC
computer systems and programs
- Perform routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc.
- Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Company procedures.Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead.Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
- Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement.Read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.Possess understanding and knowledge of basic
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to work Any shift
- 1-2 years of Mechanical experience required (Automotive, Diesel Mechanics, Small Engine Mechanics, Motorcycle Mechanics)
- High School Diploma or GED required.Entry level position.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.Enrollment in a Technical Aviation program preferred.
- Essential communication skills include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, and listening and computer keyboard skill.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Proficiency in current personal computer based software.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Must be able to lift and transport objects up to 40 pounds.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC