PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
This position is located in Southwest Asia and performs Organizational Level Maintenance on rotary-wing armament systems and subsystems. Provides contract maintenance, modification and repair of rotary-wing armament and associated weapons system. Inspects and performs maintenance and repairs on armament, electrical, and avionics systems.https://www.jsfirm.com/assets/bit.png" />
Additionally diagnosis, troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions in armament, electrical and avionics systems and components including solid state and transistorized subsystems according to pertinent technical manuals, directives and safety procedures. Performs maintenance, authorized modifications and alignment on aircraft weapons components, fire control units, sighting elements, electronic and mechanical devices. Repairs, replaces and performs operational and preventive checks and alignments on aircraft flight controls, stabilization systems, avionics equipment. Troubleshoots equipment wiring harnesses using technical manuals and schematic drawing to diagnose and isolate faults and effect repairs. Tests, troubleshoots and repairs test sets and diagnostic equipment; maintains records on weapons and subsystems. Uses and performs operator maintenance on common and special tools. Prepares forms and records.
- Perform duties as Armament Technician on rotary-wing aircraft.
- Perform duties as Technical Inspector limited to armament systems and subsystems.
- Troubleshoot, repair and service rotary-wing armament systems and subsystems.
- Conduct diagnosis of malfunctions.
- Perform maintenance, testing, inspections and weapons loading and down loading. This includes removal and replacement of aircraft armament equipment.
- Assist avionics technicians in the performance of weapons release and control systems checks.
- Arm, launch, recover and de-arm aircraft.
- Perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various armament systems in accordance with technical specifications and engineering instructions.
- Install and adjust equipment replacement parts to ensure optimal performance.
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
- Interpret and analyze flight test and performance data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Coordinate work with engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Develop, document and maintain equipment or component configurations.
- Ensure Aircraft Airworthiness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 20 years’ experience and 15 years’ experience supporting rotary-wing aircraft.
- Operational experience vs. manufacturing or production experience.
- Experience with OH-58D and/or OH-6 aircraft or civilian equivalent.
- 8 years’ experience with the application and use of technical data and blueprints.
- 4 or more years’ experience on rotary-wing aircraft.
- Familiarity with the Army Aviation Maintenance or equivalent.
- FAA “A&P” and/or “A” certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years’ additional education and/or related experience.
- Documented military armament training AND 4 years of documented aircraft armament experience.
- Must be proficient with loading, down loading and handling various weapons.
- Must be physically qualified to handle and load ordnance materials.
- Must be proficient with weapons release and control system checks.
- Must have completed a weapons loading course.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- A current U.S. passport and comply with mobility requirements.
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; (d) your ability to provide proof of COVID vaccination status, (e) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed, and (f) KAI commencing performance on this contract.