Assembly Technician - FUNCTIONAL TESTING (LOCAL CANDIDATES) - North Charleston, South Carolina 18708
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
Assembly Technician - Functional Testing
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Functional Testing Assemblers with aerospace assembly experience for an opportunity in El Segundo, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Operates a variety of advanced computer assisted and computer controlled and manual test equipment to functionally test digital and analog electronic subassemblies, slices, and units or equivalent in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Works from test and planning documents, circuit and product diagrams, equipment manuals, and verbal and written instructions.
- Lays out and determines standard methods and sequences to test and troubleshoot complex digital electronic subassemblies, slices and units by performing operations such as inspections, wirechecks, component verifications, and functional testing under various environmental conditions.
- Sets up the test configuration by making all cable connections between the item-under-test and the station. Secures connectors to the proper torque where required.
- Reviews test data for failures and fills out paperwork to report failures.
- Operates commercial and custom test equipment including computer controlled test stations, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, logic analyzers, chart recorders, and thermal chambers.
- Uses, interprets and critiques circuit and product drawings, and test documents such as specifications and procedures.
- Uses application software on test stations that run under various operating systems, and able to execute batch files.
- Troubleshoots flight hardware under the guidance of an engineer. Fills out paperwork to rework the hardware.
- Troubleshoots and repairs test stations under the guidance of an engineer.
- Sets up test stations for usage by following instructions and diagrams in equipment documents. May involve finding missing equipment and cables.
- Reviews and prepares test data for unit selloff.
- Uses computer application software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required.Takes units through environmental testing at other facilities by scheduling use of facility, moving equipment to test facility, setting up unit, and testing the unit during the environmental exposure.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Candidates must have one year of direct Aerospace Systems Assembly experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have three years of direct systems assembly experience.
- Candidates may be considered with either relative large scale manufacturing systems assembly experience of at least one year
- Completion of relevant aerospace manufacturing program (ex. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Trident Technical College, Pittsburg Aeronautical Institute, etc.)
-Aerospace systems experience should include hydraulic, ICS, PECS, duct installation, IFE, interior monument (galley, seats, etc.) installation, interior decretive repair, waste and potable water systems.
- Follow all Safety Guidelines and Quality Guidelines (including FOD)
- Proper use of personal protective equipment and protect the product equipment
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal English instructions
- Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural/system components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Boeing procedures.
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc.
- Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
- Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
- Frequent overhead work may be required.
- Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)