JOB TITLE: Assembly Technician
LOCATION: Kinston, NC
We are a national staffing firm working with some of the top-tier aerospace companies in the world! And we are looking for first-class employees to work with our clients.
- Are you a US persons as noted in the Job description?
- Do you meet the educational requirements for this job?
- Do you meet the experience requirements for this job?
- Are you able to commute to the job location or are you able to relocate for the role?
- Contract 12 mos. - potential for extended term
- Medical, dental, and vision plan with United Healthcare
- Robust 401K
- Potential for bonuses
- Sick pay, and holiday pay for those who qualify
The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
- Work with blueprints, changes, specifications, work orders, etc. to assemble and install to quality requirements parts and assemblies.
- Complete required data gathering transactions to facilitate assembly progression.
- Setup and perform all manual and automated assembly operations, and portable machine functions required to accomplish assignments.
- Perform any and all required pickup, rework, fabrication, change incorporation, functional testing or check during or after final assembly and/or assembly progression.
- Move and/or obtain correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, etc.
- Use precision measuring instruments required to accomplish work assignments.
- Report and/or investigate job handicaps such as: errors in parts, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc.
- Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., where applicable, replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
- Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation. On an exception basis, move product to the next operation within a building.
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training, coaching and assisting employees of all classification levels.
- Document any discrepancies according to specification, process, and procedure.
- Cross trains in inspection and becomes SIA qualified
- In addition, each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by Spirit leadership. Training and certification will be provided for the additional work when required.
Verifies dimensions of parts using both mechanical and electronic measurement tools and, relative to these inspection duties, initiate and document corrective action for programming issues and other problems.
Employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in all of the general functions of the Assembly Technician listed below
Inspection to include the following:
Setup and operate conventional and Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) fastening equipment to assemble components in accordance with engineering specifications, and/or the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in two or more of the specialties listed below:
Precision Bench Assembly
Pressure and vacuum testing
Provide high-level technical support and leadership relative to assembly and installation
Setup and operate conventional and/or Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) and fastening equipment of less than simultaneous 3-axis movement. Activities include, e.g. drivematic processes, etc., or the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in one or more of the specialties listed below:
Assembly/Installation of Structures
Additionally, the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform one or more of the specialty skills listed below:
Precision Bench Assembly
Pressure and Vacuum testing
- Insert fasteners
- Counter sink
- Maintain required personal certifications.
- Perform complete inspection, including first part review, of procured or fabricated parts and assemblies.
- Initiate and document any non-conforming condition for Material Review Board action.
- Perform process surveillance to assure compliance with requirements.
- Prepare and maintain quality records.
Local Candidates STRONGLY preferred.
The Structures Company is a national staffing firm specializing in contract, contract to hire, and direct hire placement opportunities. Our clients rely on us to support their engineering, IT, Production, Maintenance & Repair, and support staff. Our niche recruiting team is one of our biggest strengths and is why we are a top provider of talented professionals to the majority of our clients. They will help you identify the opportunity that best fits your interests while also providing industry-leading customer service.
We support the majority of aerospace OEM's and tier 1 suppliers across the United States.
The Structures Company LLC is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer (or AA/ EOE)
Keywords: aerospace, aviation, aircraft