Assistant Professor Aviation Maintenance Science
LeTourneau University College of Aviation •
Teaches freshman-to-senior level aircraft systems lecture and laboratory courses as assigned and according to policies stated in the University Faculty Handbook.
- Prepares course materials and assessments.
- Conducts classroom and laboratory instruction conforming to best practices.
- Maintains an understanding of current technologies which are applicable to the courses being taught.
- Serves as an advisor to Aviation students.
- Designs and implements new laboratory projects for instruction in laboratory courses and undergraduate research.
- Participates actively in the university learning community.
Office hours are primarily weekdays, but responsibilities require additional hours and flexibility that can include evenings and weekends.
The position is for nine months, with the possibility of summer school teaching. Classes and other responsibilities are conducted primarily weekdays but will include some evening classes and independent studies. Attendance will also be required at some evening and weekend events.
LeTourneau University seeks a person with an enthusiastic and contagious Christian faith who is committed to Christian higher education that integrates Christian faith with learning.
LeTourneau University operates a CFR 14 part 147 Federal Aviation Administration, approved Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic program as part of its’ B.S. in Aircraft Systems. Minimum professional qualifications are:
Desirable professional qualifications and experience:
- B.S. degree, M.S. degree in aviation desirable
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic certificate
- Significant aircraft maintenance experience
- Teaching competencies must include the ability to design course material for lecture and lab formats including syllabi and assessments.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively and professionally interact with students, colleagues, and administrators in a university learning community. This includes skills in academic advising.
- FAA Inspection Authorization
- Background in aircraft Turbine engines
- Graduate course work or industry experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Turbine engine overhaul, installation, and repair
- Propeller repair and alterations
- Aircraft Structural repair/fabrication
- Transport Category Aircraft repair and operation
- Corporate Aircraft repair and operation
- Airline operations
- Aviation Safety
- Aviation Human Factors
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and other qualifications. LeTourneau University offers an innovative healthcare package with many options, personal budget, telemedicine, year-round support, and more. LeTourneau University also provides life insurance, contribution to a retirement program, and tuition assistance.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)