Responsible to lead the Maintenance staff and to carry out the mission, goals and objectives of Air Methods. Responsible for daily operations of all aircraft maintenance services and to assure all AP Mechanics make safety their number one priority.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Provide input to staff evaluations as requested by Area Manager/RCM.
• Responsible for auditing program maintenance locations for aviation parts and supplies, tool calibrations, safety concerns and all other base needs to ensure prompt repairs for operational readiness.
• Receives feedback related to flight issues/concerns, to include RSQ911 feedback; assists in resolution of issue and/or refers matter to appropriate person for resolution.
• Attends hospital/program meetings or training.
• Collaborates with other discipline leads regarding maintenance and operation of the program.
• Assists Area Manager with employee scheduling
• Function as a resource for dissemination of new information and problem resolution
• Ensures all maintenance publications and company manuals are current and available to maintenance personnel.
• Ensures all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and company policies.
• Sends a copy of the Mechanical Interruption Summary or Service Difficulty Report to Program Maintenance Manager or if applicable the Regional Maintenance Director for review.
• Responsible for correcting compliance or safety issues when directed by the Director of Operations, Director of Maintenance, Chief Pilot, Regional Maintenance Director, Director of Safety, or Program Maintenance Manager or Area Manager.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge of Air Methods General Maintenance Manual, field Mechanics Procedures manual, Air Methods’ policies and procedures as well as meeting operational goals and objectives.
• Responsible for validating or confirming the data in the Status Report concerning the aircraft being worked on including:
o Ensure discrepancies discovered by the aircraft Records department are appropriately addressed
o Verify all changes are made by the Inspections and Records Department upon receipt of an updated Status Report.
o Verify accuracy of the Status Report regarding compliance of FAA required inspections, Ads, and service bulletins/service letters issued by Air Methods’ Certificate Management Team or Engineering
o Verify accuracy of the Status Report regarding required inspections and servicing intervals and currency.
o Verify accuracy of the Status Report to the actual configuration of the aircraft regarding Part Number (P/N), Serial Number (S/N), and Total Time/Time Since Overhaul (TT/TSO) of the time-tracked assemblies and components
• Schedule aircraft maintenance and provide Area Manager and RMM/RMD with current aircraft status and forecast down time to facilitate maintenance scheduling.
• Participate in maintenance forecasting calls with the assigned corporate planners, monitor “HY” packages as they are assigned and provide scheduling input for all components and rotable items.
• Troubleshoot and provide assistance in problem solving to outlying mechanics.
• Other Duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 20%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Manufacturers training on company specific aircraft preferred
• Electrical troubleshooting and refined vibration-balancing
• Sheet metal and composite repair procedures
• Ability to read and understand various documents such as 337’s, Service Bulletins, AD’s, etc.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and 24/7 on-call rotation when needed
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• RAMCO experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• FAA A&P License in good standing.
• Inspection Authorization (IA) Preferred
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).