BOEING Aircraft APG Mechanic - Oklahoma, OK 22151
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
APG Mechanic/Repair Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking APG Mechanic/Repair Technician for an opportunity in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes. Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul. Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment. Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components. Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components. Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results). Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements. Oversees training. Works under general direction.
- Maintains, repairs, and modifies aircraft, components, and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- Access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certification required for assigned work.
- Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment.
- Considerable care and judgment required to fit and adjust parts and assemblies to requirements and specifications and in performing various assembly and installation operations.
- Work with the guidance of management and peers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
AWACS Modification experience preferred.
Must be willing to work nights and overtime as required on short notice
- Must have Active Secret Clearance
Individuals must possess their own personal standard tools and possess personal safety shoes compliant with ANSI standards.
- Should possess strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with the many people, in all areas, both inside and outside of the company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call a Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)