CBA-Aircraft Mechanic II - Flight Line (CH-53 Reset), Miramar, CA
Vertex Aerospace •
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine aircraft maintenance functions.
- Must demonstrate an operational knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, engines, and component parts.
- Operates aircraft towing equipment in towing operations.
- Maintains aircraft hydraulic systems.
- Must have knowledge of the proper use of hand tools in aircraft maintenance.
- Must be able to read and write, and interpret and comply with aircraft maintenance procedures, manuals, specifications, and directives, guides, and forms used on the job.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Performs troubleshooting, repair, modifications, corrosion control, and preservation of aircraft and aircraft systems and aircraft sub-systems, including fuel, oil, and pneudraulic systems. Overhauls aircraft components and sub-components.
- Services ground support equipment. Performs preventive maintenance inspections on all ground support equipment. Performs functional checks, inspections, troubleshooting as required and trained.
- Completes maintenance documentation accurately using OOMA, and required forms, as required by job assignment.
- Must show proficiency in the use of OOMA within 90 days after assignment
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively task and direct subordinate personnel through the daily assignment of tasks.
- Develop and execute maintenance plans to ensure meeting of aircraft Turn-Around-Time (TAT)
- Maintain aircraft RESET Team Leader Stations and Logbooks for documentation of all compliance of required inspections and maintenance required and completed.
- Inspect and maintain GFE, as well as, conduct periodic inventory of all assigned equipment
- Effectively report the status of aircraft through written and verbal communication
- Manage aircraft parts requisition through request, review, and approve Critical Items List, distribution, and turn-in.
- Report violations of Work Rules, Policies, and Procedures to the appropriate level.
- Responsible for complying with the most recent Vertex policies and procedures.
- Operates motor vehicles, machines, and special purpose equipment as required by the job assignment.
- Performs PMCS and inspection documentation on vehicles, tools, and equipment. Performs housekeeping duties in work and common areas.
- Ensures that tools and equipment used by the employee in the classification are properly calibrated.
- Uses most current approved methods and publications in the performance of the assigned job.
- Performs the duties of lower classified employees within the line of progression when assigned.
- Completes and maintains records and reports as required by job assignment.
- Demonstrates job procedures and assists in the on-the-job training (OJT) of employees within the classification as required.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous materials related to job assignment in accordance with Vertex and OSHA policies and procedures.
- Performs duties using automated equipment and software utilized in the functional assignment. Ability to perform Optimized Naval Aviation Logistic Management Information System (OOMA) functions for aviation maintenance performed.
- When assigned to the flight line, provide customer support during launch and recovery and aircraft security as required.
- Responsible for complying with corporate and installation of physical security requirements.
- Comply with all OSHA and Safety standards.
- Responsible for daily entry of individual hours worked in company timekeeping system.
- Makes appropriate logbook entries and documents own work accomplished.
- Performs aircraft functional checks.
- Performs related record maintenance including completing appropriate log book forms, condition tags, and parts requests in accordance with technical publications, Company procedures manuals, and other written and oral directives.
- Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, and manufacturers drawings and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- May be required to perform Maintenance Operational Checks (MOCs)
- High school diploma or equivalent--General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Aviation Structural Mechanic Core
- Aviation Structural Mechanic Organizational Level
- CH/MH-53E Airframes Organizational Maintenance
- Must have 6 years experience on CH/MH-53E aircraft.
- Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government. Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must have and maintain a valid state drivers license when required by job assignment.
- Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
Must be physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of the classification.
Must be able to work with required materials without debilitating irritation to skin, eyes, or respiratory system while wearing the required personal protective equipment.
Must be able to pick up a minimum of 50 lbs individually from the ground, vehicle, or aircraft.
Vertex Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)