• Completion of high school or equivalent
• U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired
• Three (3) or more years CH-47 aviation maintenance experience within the past (6) years
• Experience in maintenance, modification and repair of helicopter systems of the type being serviced and their associated components.
• Valid FAA Airframe & Power plant (A&P) License for mechanics and sheet metal is preferred.
• U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR regulations.
Skills:• Thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts.
• Broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
• Basic knowledge of electrical theory and a thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
• Working knowledge of technical publications.
• Able to prioritize workloads to maintain schedules on assigned projects and is required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
• Participate in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required.
• May be required to lead other mechanics through complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
Physical Demands:• Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
• Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
• Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
• May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
• Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
• Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
• Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
Working Conditions:• May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
• Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
• May work in maintenance shop or outside.
• Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
• May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
• May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
Travel:May be required.
Language: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Unical Aviation, Inc. and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.