CNC Tech II - Savannah, GA - LONG TERM - NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Strom Aviation •
Currently seeking CNC Technicians with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Savannah, GA
Set up and operate automated machines to fabricate parts, applying knowledge of shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, maintainability materials and layout techniques. Essential Functions:
Additional Functions: 1. Monitor material supply. 2. Validate preventative maintenance and minor repairs on machines. 3. Complete paperwork and other documents as required 4. Maintain a clean and safe work environment 5. Comply with 5S and Environmental, Health and Safety requirements. 6. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate automated machine using existing programs.
- Test program and ensure machine is set up in accordance with drawings.
- Remove and/or replace cutting tools and offsets as required.
- Inspect condition of tools and replace as needed.
- Manipulate programs to fit inserts into material, ensuring fit and conformity.
- Inspect cut material/part prior to CNC operation to ensure conformity and compliance with blueprints, models, and/or engineering documents.
- Identify material and appropriate cutting tools.
- Set up material and inspect for serviceability.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: CNC Machinist - Must be proficient in the setup and operation of 3-5 axis CNC Mills. Must be able to setup and operate conventional mills and lathes and use related precision measuring tools to inspect machined detail components to blueprints / 3D models.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years of related experience or education to include one (1) year experience with similar automated equipment.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC