Chief Inspector - Elizabeth, New Jersey 20315
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Chief Inspector for an opportunity in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Chief Inspector will have the final airworthiness authority for the release,
as airworthy, of the units the repair station is rated to repair and maintain;
- Responsible for ensuring all articles delivered to and maintained by the repair
station are properly recorded and staged from receipt to delivery in their
- Managing and delegating to the repair stations inspection staff ensuring the
quality and production needs are maintained;
- Perform, and have oversight of inspection personnel/activity, including
Preliminary, Hidden Damage, In-Progress and Final inspections/RTS of
aircraft articles processed by the Repair Station and assuring proper recording
- Ensure compliance with pertinent FAA regulations, manufacturer’s technical
data/approved supplements, RSM/QCM and customer requirements;
- Report all quality related issues to the Head of QA as soon as the Facility
Manager is advised and ensure corrective actions are implemented;
- Confirm that all equipment being maintained by the repair station is on the
Capabilities List, the proper data is available and in use, the staff is properly
trained and all records of work/release are complete/accurate;
- Perform duties delegated by Head of QA
- Directly responsible for the compliance with the FAA Approved training
program manual; including indoctrination, initial, recurrent, ongoing, semiannual,
and specialized training;
- Ensure any applicable Airworthiness Directive are posted and are being used
and verify compliance with all other supplements, approvals, requirements;
Qualifications and requirements:
- 24+ months practical experience in aviation maintenance comparable to our operations
(or certificated under Part 65 as an A&P)
- Must have valid/active A&P license.
- Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment while managing associated stress.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Organize responsibilities of the inspection staff and delegate duties to properly qualified
- Effectively execute training in accordance with the Approved Training Program and
- Ability to make quality decisions and effectively solve problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings
and effectively lead groups.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management
- Ability to lift, pull, and push in excess of 65 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Joe Saba 630-206-5054
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)