Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Corrosion Control Technician: NAS Lemoore
Direct Hire with Amentum Including Full Benefits
Job Title: Mechanic I Corrosion Control Technician
Location: NAS Lemoore
Pay: $46.03/hr ($39.13/hr base pay plus an additional $6.90/hr Health & Welfare for up to 40 hrs/week)
Preferred Airframes: F/A-18 E/F/G
Services, repairs and overhauls aircraft to ensure airworthiness. Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures of moderate difficulty, such as wings, fuselage, surface controls and functional components to include rigging, plumbing and hydraulic units utilizing hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet guns and drills. Reads and interprets manufacturer’s publications, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components. Inspects aircraft components for fluid leaks, cracks, and other damage. Troubleshoot, remove, replace, and repair aircraft structural and hydraulic system components. Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft systems. As required by site management, be certified as a CDI. Shall be able to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules and maintenance standards on assigned projects
Essential Job Functions:
The candidate is required to maintain and service the F/A-18 Corrosion Control work center as required and in accordance with applicable publications and governing instructions. Applies technical knowledge of aircraft system principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skill in restoring equipment operation, evaluates performance and reliability of prototype or production mods, and recommends changes to installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance. The Aircraft Mechanic I applies technical knowledge to solve aircraft system problems by interpreting manufacturer’s manuals or similar documents. Required to be qualified on and work with some ground support equipment, special calibration equipment, special tools and all related maintenance manuals, maintenance requirement cards, parts breakdown manuals, technical directives, diagrams, schematics, blueprints and drawings. Member will work on all aircraft systems, beyond the Aircraft Mechanic I field of expertise the member will work as a general Aircraft Mechanic I.
- Must have 3 years o-level aircraft system maintenance experience.
- Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
- Shift work is required.
- High School graduate or equivalent, Navy Aviation Class A School (or military equivalent) for applied rate or possess a valid A&P license and recent aviation maintenance experience.
- Preferred 18 months as a CDI, Quality Assurance Inspector, or Inspector Authorization (IA).
- Minimum 36 months Organizational level experience. Preferred to have 24 months F/A-18 experience within the last 36 months.
- Must complete CDI qualification syllabus and all qualifications to obtain CDI with 90 days of employment.
- Obtain any additional qualifications or license required to maintain aircraft and qualifications.
- Must be physically able to perform all assigned duties and able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- You may be required to qualify in additional certifications such as Low Power Engine Turn-Up Operator (LPT), High Power Engine Turn-Up Operator (HPT), Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative (CDQAR), and or Plane Captain.
- Must have ability to inspect and maintain all company and customer assets, including all assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), in accordance with applicable directives, and ensure that those assets are utilized in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Must have ability to participate in the investigation of any injury and/or the resolution of any problems in quality or performance that may hinder production or be detrimental to the program.
- Must participate in the training and qualification of new personnel.
- Must promote communication to enhance and encourage employee awareness of accident prevention, quality of work, and environmental compliance.
- Must promote positive communication with all site departments, company management, and our customers to ensure the proper execution of our contract.
- Must participate in required daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual training and ensure that it is documented in a timely manner.
- Complete initial attendance sheet on a daily basis, verifying your start time and proper accounting of all assigned PPE.
- Must be cleared and maintain clearance level required.
- Must have completed N-701-0014 or C-600-3182 prior to hire.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement