F-18 Powerplants Mechanic Intermediate Level
Kay and Associates, Inc. •
The incumbent of this task will process and repair F404-402 engines, GTC 36-200 APUs, and other Kuwait Air Force (KAF) owned Powerplants and APUs at the intermediate level of maintenance, utilizing the Engine Noise Suppression Facility (Hush House) if required.
- Perform maintenance actions associated with canning, uncanning, tear down, inspecting (including borescoping), repair and assembling the F404 aircraft Powerplants. Complete all source documents, work requests, and applicable records and reports completely, accurately and on-time.
- Perform engine preservation/de-preservation procedures.
- Assist in the testing and maintenance of the Hush House, including preventative maintenance and calibration efforts.
- Perform maintenance actions for compliance with Powerplants changes and power plant bulletins.
- Assist the KAF Officer-In-Charge in developing, implementing and maintaining a training program for Hush House operator training and qualification.
- Support on-the-job training and cross training of KAF personnel.
- Minimum of four years intermediate or depot level maintenance experience supporting F404 Powerplants.
- Graduate of the aviation engine mechanic "A" school and F404 engine repair class school or equivalent. If equivalent training is claimed, applicant must submit copies of course descriptions to Commander, Naval Air Systems Command (PMA265-12) for evaluation.
- Proficient in the use of all common and special tools required for engine assembly and disassembly.
- Have experience in operation and maintenance of Power Plant/Auxiliary Power Unit test stands/facilities.
- Knowledge of safety procedures regarding aircraft Powerplants.
- Familiar with F404-GE-402 engine publications.
- No security clearance required.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)