Western Aviation located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest is now hiring for FBO Technicians and FBO Working Leader positions. We are committed to excellence in the private aviation sector by providing uncompromised safety, unparalleled quality and exceptional customer service.
The FBO Technician position combines cross training between multiple functions, providing support in all customer facing services of the FBO, upkeep of the facilities and grounds and support to Repair Station personnel and movement of aircraft.
FBO Technicians and their Working Leaders will attend to all service needs of locally based and transient aircraft, their owners, pilots, crews and passengers. Exceptional customer service skills are absolutely vital for this role. The FBO Technicians ensure every arriving/departing aircraft receives all ground and front desk support services in a timely fashion, with high energy and a smile. The successful candidate will be as comfortable on the ramp fueling or repositioning an aircraft, as they are providing check in/out services at the front counter, answering the phone or assisting Repair Station team members with their daily tasks.
Essential Functions and Qualities:
- Understands and exemplifies what it means to be a team member at Western Aviation:
- Promotes and maintains a positive image of Western Aviation at all times, internally and externally
- Has a positive attitude during interactions with all co-workers, management and customers alike
- Actively seeks continuous improvement of job duties and exceeds expectations
- Takes pride in taking ownership of all tasks assigned and ensures completion regardless of situation
- Assists all customers with outstanding professionalism, exceeding their expectations
- Performs work with minimal supervision
- Able to make quick decisions by using judgment consistent with company policies, standard operating procedures and safety regulations
- Responsible for the movement, placement, storage, de-icing and fueling of an aircraft.
- Provides professional and friendly customer service at front desk both in person and on the phone, offering additional services where applicable
- Operates a wide variety of aircraft ground support equipment
- Possesses keen situational awareness regarding aircraft and ever-changing weather conditions, debris on the ramp or impending hazards
- Ensures safe operations: protecting customers, team members and equipment from harm
- Performs other duties deemed necessary and assigned by Working Leaders or Managers
Accepting applications until 03/25, interviews to follow
Resume and cover letter along with application required