HQ Aero is currently recruiting for an experienced FIXED WING TEAM LEAD in MIDDLETOWN, DE
This is a CTH or DIRECT position.
- The Lead Fixed Mechanic reports to the Fixed Manager and is responsible for supporting and overseeing the inspection and repair of various fixed wing aircraft; operates in compliance with company safety practices and performs other duties as assigned.
- Working on King Air and general aviation aircraft.
Shift Work from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, 2nd shift if needed, which would be 3pm – 11:30pm (must be willing to work either shift).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain, and service aircraft.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Modify aircraft structures, space vehicles, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Examine and inspect engine or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems by performing tasks, such as flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Perform maintenance IAW FAA approved technical data.
- Research FAA technical data to locate applicable data relevant to assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully an individual should have the ability to interact with and enter data into spreadsheet software.
- Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team environment and self-direct work.
- Physical Demands: Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to sit; walk, talk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl or hear. Occasionally required to stand and stoop or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions such as extreme cold and heat, work near moving mechanical parts and vibration and work in high, precarious places. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and work with explosives. The noise level in the work environment falls within acceptable limits of OSHA guidelines.