ST Engineering Aerospace is located at Brookley Aeroplex in Mobile, Alabama, and Pensacola, FL, at the Pensacola International Airport. We are a renowned provider of aircraft maintenance and modification (AMM) services for commercial airlines and air freight operators. We meet our customers requirements by providing a full spectrum of high-quality, reliable, and timely AMM and engineering solutions. We have the know-how and experience to comprehensively manage complex projects, ensuring our customers aircraft operate safely and efficiently.
Benefits & Culture
As part of the ST Engineering family, you will be treated like family. We offer a great range of benefits that our employees value and help make ST Engineering the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you and your family.
Some of the benefits we offer are listed below:
- Medical Benefits
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer match
- Company provided uniforms
- 6 Nationally recognized holidays
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company sponsored events throughout the year
The GSE/Fleet Mechanic will be responsible to a Facilities Operations Lead. They will be responsible for basic maintenance and/or repair and delivery of all aircraft jacks, designated tooling and ground support equipment (GSE) - both motorized and non-motorized, to various locations throughout the facility in support of Production operations.
In addition they will be assisting a GSE / Fleet Tradesman in the performing scheduled preventative maintenance and/or installation of the before listed equipment and associated activities. The Tech will also performs maintenance and repair of vehicles and Ground Support Equipment if needed and qualified.
- Performs a variety of basic preventative maintenance and/or repair of GSE, tooling and jacks and related functions.
- Use and have working knowledge of a variety of hand tools, measuring and testing instruments.
- Locate trouble in GSE, tooling, jacks or associated equipment for the purpose of repair.
- Work standard computations.
- As directed use the assistance of one or more GSE / Fleet Tradesman in performing specific or general preventative maintenance duties.
- Perform any work that may be assigned by his/her Supervisor or Department Manager.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: Good working knowledge of all ST Aerospace Mobile GSE equipment, tooling, and aircraft jacks. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and report to work regularly
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Facility wide
SUPERVISION: Under direction. Normally performs duties according to his or her own judgment requesting supervisory assistance only when necessary.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS: A moderate level of interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship with various departments, co-workers and supervision.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Requires easy mobility around all sections of the facility and the dexterity to install various mechanical and motorized systems. Must possess the ability to distinguish colors to perform work adequately.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Advanced automotive maintenance training.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 2 years ST Aerospace Mobile
- Similar automotive maintenance experience required or a combination of equivalent experience, knowledge, and skills
ST Engineering Aerospace provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, physical or mental disability, or military obligations.