This position is located in the Kuwait Air Force (KAF) Intermediate Level Maintenance Activity to provide Contractor Maintenance Services relating to the installation, operation, maintenance, modification and repair of the KAF aircraft systems.
1. Perform test, repair, maintain and overhaul aircraft hydraulic/pneumatic system components utilizing the Hydraulic Servo-cylinder Test Station (STS).
2. Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of the Hydraulic STS.
3. Perform test, repair, maintain and overhaul aircraft hydraulic/pneumatic system components utilizing the HCT-10 Hydraulic Test Stand (HTS).
4. Manufacture and repair hose and tube assemblies, and repair Rosin fasteners, fluid and pneumatic fittings, Cross air check valves, selector valves, hydraulic servo cylinders, reservoirs, accumulators, and surge dampers.
5. Support on-the job training and cross training of KAF personnel.
1. Have a minimum of four years’ experience at the Intermediate Maintenance or Depot level, troubleshooting, testing and repairing hydraulic components.
2. Have a minimum of two years’ experience operating and maintaining the STS.
3. Proficient in the operation and use of the HCT-10 HTS Micro-sonic filter cleaner, bubble tester, hydraulic tube bending machine and aircraft hose assembly machine.
4. Be skilled in the use of basic hand tools, to include, inside and outside micrometers, venire calipers, torque wrenches, taps and dies, power drills and drill presses, hose and tube cutters and Perma-swage repair kit.
5. Have an understanding of hydraulic contamination and procedures for control of contamination.
6. Familiar with Visual Information Display System/Maintenance Action Form documentation and all applicable technical publications.
7. No security clearance required.