Integrated Opto-Mechanical Systems Engineer
Raytheon Technologies •
Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership genes? Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is the right place for you. We are the leading group for the creation of advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security, and civil space. You might have seen on the web many beautiful images of the Earth, down to fine detail, and you might have been amazed by the discoveries coming back from deep space missions. Behind many of those amazing results are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Technologies. We are looking for the next generation of leaders who will shape the future of space exploration, human spaceflight, and national defense. We are looking for you.
We are looking for an Integrated Opto-Mechanical Systems Engineer who wants to experience the life cycle a space mission including system-level trades, requirements development & flow down, system interface development, performance assessment, integration & test, verification, and validation. The desired candidate would have knowledge in Optics, Mechanical Engineering, and Electro-Optical/Infra-Red (EO/IR) Imaging.
Your vital contribution will help us to deliver excellence to our customers.
This position will interface with the Lead Systems Engineer, Chief Engineer and other stake holders to ensure program objectives are achieved. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
- 6+ years engineering experience
- Knowledge of Optics and Opto-Mechanics
- Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
- Experience with CAD
- Experience with Verification, Validation, and requirement sell-off
- Experience with Assembly, Integration, and Test of Opto-Mechanical Systems
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with Requirement Management using IBM Rational DOORs
- Experience with Integration and Test of Space Hardware
- Experience with SEIT tools such as STK, MATLAB, C++, and Python
- Knowledge of EO/IR payload design
- Ability to carry out design of spacecraft subsystems
- Knowledge of space radiation environment and orbital debris environment
- Knowledge of US Export/Import law in regards to space technologies
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related STEM discipline.
Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related STEM discipline.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)