The Interior Installation Technician II works under general supervision to remove, install, and/or fabricate aircraft interiors, which may include items such as trim, carpet, soundproofing, light structure, cabinetry, panels, and other accessories. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, and quality standards, and the completed work should meet customer expectations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with Repair Station procedures, internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs, and quality specifications.
- Safely perform aircraft removal, installation, and/or fabrication of aircraft interiors (which may include galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors, and panels).
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and to sign-off work.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as hand tools, band saws, shears, sanders, and brakes. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Prepare and install aircraft interior items in accordance with company operation procedures and quality standards.
- Remove and re-install nut plates, inserts, and other fasteners used in aircraft interiors. Apply proper use of hardware and fittings on aircraft installations.
- Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Assist technicians, under supervision, with aircraft maintenance requirements.
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes.
- Trim Panel covering and carpet experience preferred.
- This position will transition to Alliance in July 2022
- Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that reduce cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Make and use simple patterns for own use employing standardized procedures.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.