Lead Aviation Mechanic
Dominion Aviation Services •
Dominion Aviation Services is seeking candidates for a full time Lead mechanic position
Purpose: Lead Mechanics are responsible to the Shop Manager for completion of work request and shop maintenance assigned to them.
Responsibilities and Duties
In addition, the Lead Mechanics will be responsible for maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Lead Mechanics provide supervision for mechanics assigned to assist them in completion of their work. The Lead Mechanic will assure that mechanics assigned to them have adequate training for the tasks they perform or will provide continuous supervision and on the job training as required.
- Lead mechanics will assist in the identification of training needs for the employees they supervise and will report such training needs to the Shop Manager and/or the Director of Maintenance.
- Lead Mechanics will work with Inspectors to ensure that all work is completed in accordance with the Repair Station Manual and approved data, and all work is performed / inspected in accordance with FAA regulations.
- Lead Mechanics will be certified under Part 65.
This position will require in house training. The candidate will need to complete the training and an evaluation period before assuming the role of Lead Mechanic.
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) certificate
- 2 or more years of piston-powered and / or Jet Aircraft experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal Aviation regulations and manufacture’s manuals
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC