MD 530F Maintenance Technician Level 2
Black Hall Aerospace, Inc. •
The Maintenance Technician Level 2 will serve on a Team maintaining six armed MD530F helicopters of the Lebanese Air Force (LAF) based at Hamat Air Base, Lebanon. The Maintenance Technician will maintain the MD 530F helicopter and their associated engines and sub-systems to ensure airworthiness. Duties include, but are not limited to: aircraft servicing, maintaining, repair, inspection; reporting of aircraft status; technical and logistical support for aircraft issues; technical support for aircraft. The Maintenance Technician will support Mentorship Training Plan to provide mentoring for the continuation of skills and knowledge for the LAF military workforce.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Major Responsibility Areas and Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Complete scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, parts ordering and troubleshooting aircraft issues.
- Repair, replace and rebuild aircraft structures, such as cowlings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units; using hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun and drills.
- Read and interpret manufacturer maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other related documentation to determine feasibility and method of altering or repairing the aircraft and its associated components, determining the airworthiness of the aircraft and its associated components and replacement for malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Inspect associated components for airworthiness; repairs or replaces defective parts and associated components.
- Troubleshoot, repair and replace malfunctioning parts, electrical wiring and associated components.
- Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including hydraulic system servicing, engine oil replenishment, aircraft systems lubrication, aircraft fueling, etc...
- Interact with MDHI CFSR, the customer and manufacturer in matters that concern the airworthiness of the aircraft, operational readiness of the aircraft and issues related to the troubleshooting of the aircraft's system.
- Must know the maintenance sections of the maintenance manual, the operation and the provisions and applicable parts of military maintenance.
- Provide daily mentoring of Lebanese Air Force maintainers.
- Must effectively interact with Company and customer representatives as well as with representatives of on-site business or military entities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the on-site MD530 Mechanic Sr.
- High School diploma required. Associates degree preferred. Technical or military school training preferred.
- Four years experience in Aviation maintenance.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant License/EASA/ICAO equivalent required.
- Two years direct MD 530F experience and working knowledge of Tech Pubs.
- Solid people skills and the ability to interact and work with a mixed work force and on-site customer and end user.
- Strong communication skills to support the mentoring program to transfer complex skills and procedures to LAF personnel.
- Experience with the U.S. Army or other Government contracting agencies.
- Must be able to brief both internal and external customers.
- Must have some OCONUS work experience.
- Armed MD530F experience preferred.
- Experience in Lebanon preferred.
This position is located at Hamat Air Base, Lebanon, and other locations within Lebanon, such as Hannoush Aerial Gunnery range, as required by the LAF Lebanon. Some travel to conferences and management reviews in CONUS may be required.
Contract team will be operating at the Hamat Air Base, Lebanon. BHA will provide life support services such as off-base housing, transportation, and security.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or sit for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. The employee may be occasionally required to climbs ladders, high spaces and/or stairs. Specific vision required for this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BHA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)