The machine operator must be able to operate all machines in machine shop according to both AAR and government regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run parts as required by work order.
- Run parts in a timely manner.
- Run parts according to AAR regulations.
- Set up parts in machine.
- Verify specs are to customer specification.
- Move part along to next department.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
- Dependability: Personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately.
- Motivation: Must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Organization: Very detail oriented and always comes prepared.
- Initiative: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), required.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
The environmental characteristic for this position is a hangar setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional hangar environment.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds and comply with OSHA standards.