Organizes and prepares material and labor cost estimates to determine total direct cost to satisfy requirements for proposals that meet customer requirements and company cost/schedule requirements. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports bid briefings and technical evaluations with other functional areas, i.e., Production, Engineering, Quality, etc., to achieve a complete understanding of proposed estimating requirements.
- Analyzes requirements to define material list, labor hours and plan a course of action, utilizing prescribed estimating standards, historical data and previous experience.
- Reviews and coordinates all estimates with supervisor and/or other reporting structure to clarify scope of requirements and to validate each estimate.
- Provides any necessary support or rationale to justify final estimates necessary to resolve inquiries or to assist in finalizing any contract negotiations as required.
- Must be able to analyze actuals and EAC versus bid.
- Prepares comprehensive material and labor cost summaries in support of proposal efforts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Business or an equivalent degree and/or combination of education and experience.
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Excel and Access.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively convey information accurately.
- Ability to work in SAP, Corridor or equivalent such system.
- Blueprint reading and understanding a plus.
- Prior experience working as an Estimator in aviation preferred; or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
Job Ident #: