SkyWest is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major airline carriers. More importantly, we’re known for our reliability, service and our professional employees who operate more than 2,300 flights each day throughout North America. We have been esteemed as one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes and are known for an industry-leading workforce, an exceptional leadership team and our continued solid operational and economic performance.
SkyWest employees enjoy a distinctive and unmatched culture of teamwork, respect, quality and professionalism, along with world-class benefits like 401(k) match, Performance Rewards, health care, retirement and discounted travel worldwide.
- Is responsible to the Senior Manager of Maintenance (Base and Line) and under their supervision will assume full responsibility for maintaining the Company aircraft in airworthy condition at all times
- Will coordinate with other departments regarding the scheduling of Company aircraft for inspections, overhaul and other work as the aircraft may require
- The Manager of Maintenance is responsible to ensure that the maintenance personnel are adequately trained and receive ongoing training with regard to the specified job functions
- Will work with the Manager of Maintenance Training in the scheduling of classes and schools and the development of training curriculum
- Monitors the daily maintenance actions and activity
- Ensures that all buildings such as shops, hangars and adjacent ramp areas, as well as all equipment under his/her jurisdiction, are clean and in workable condition
- Ensures that all instructions pertinent to safety are properly observed and that all maintenance personnel under his/her jurisdiction comply with and understand existing safety regulations. This includes control of chemical substances used in the facility
- Determines the qualifications and promotes supervisory personnel in the Maintenance Department
- Provides essential manpower through effective hiring, training, scheduling and pay practices. Provide completed payroll records and uniform costs requirements to Company accounting section
- Ensure that the maintenance location is kept clean and all equipment is in proper calibration and working order
- Maintains constant awareness of aircraft fleet mechanical condition by reviewing all aircraft discrepancy reports and completed maintenance reports
- Plans, organizes and controls all maintenance work to assure Airworthiness Standards prescribed by FAA regulation, manufacturers recommendations and good aviation industry practices are adhered to
- Coordinates with Purchasing Agent to ensure parts availability and reviews bench stock and routine supply levels
- Determines personnel requirements based on work load
- Ensures qualification of maintenance personnel
- Responsible for hiring and firing of subordinate personnel
- Develops in coordination with Director of Maintenance long range plan for accomplishment of scheduled maintenance, aircraft modifications and major repairs
- Advises the Director of Maintenance of maintenance department capabilities, deficiencies and performance
- Delegate authority as required, however delegation does not relieve the Manager of Maintenance of overall responsibility
- Authorized to perform OJT instruction and determine students level of understanding and aptitude during OJT
- Must hold a valid A&P certificate
- Two years experience in maintenance management or Four years in a supervisory role is required, preferably with CFR 121 or 135 operation
- Demonstrated understanding of related CFR
- Very strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and quickly adapt to changing environments/priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the proven ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, including all employees at the ORD base
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to coach, mentor and support current and future SkyWest maintenance leaders
- Demonstrated understanding of SkyWest and/or industry business model and drivers
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
Physical and Other Requirements
Please complete the on-line application. Qualified applicants will be contacted.
This position will require the selected candidate to travel outside the station for training - in addition to the completion of their new hire onboarding.
This job posting may have an additional video/phone interview requirement. Please monitor your email and junk folder for additional instructions.