This individual will be responsible for the evaluation, performance and management of aircraft maintenance. Provides professional recommendations associated with maintaining the aircraft’s market value and upkeep related to asset management, and ensures airworthiness of assigned aircraft. The manager also maintains current technical proficiency and education of aircraft and regulatory requirements. Flexible work schedule is required to meet flight profile mission, which may require periodic travel both domestic and international. Maintains industry, business, company and customer relationships.
The estimated time allocations for these assignments are 35-40% performing maintenance, 35-40% performing asset management and 20% oversight and supervisory duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the maintenance management of assigned aircraft.
• Ensuring airworthiness as defined within 14 CFR by researching permanent records, maintenance tracking program, FAA Airworthiness Directives and Manufacturer’s Service Bulletins/Customer Bulletins for assigned aircraft.
• Familiar working knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations, industry best practices, OSHA and IS-BAO requirements.
• Complies with internal company policies and procedures outlined within the General Maintenance Manual (GMM), Maintenance Procedures Manual (MPM) or any company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) document..
• Communicates effectively and accurately with the client, vendors and other internal departments.
• Maintains a safe work environment and reports any unsafe conditions.
• Performs quality maintenance, preventive maintenance and inspections to conform within the standards established by the company, Federal regulation and industry best practices achieving the highest reliability goals.
• Troubleshoots reported discrepancies and handles complex technical challenges.
• Responsible for management of the maintenance inspection requirements per CFR 91.409 or approved inspection program.
• Provides technical support, as needed, in support of assigned aircraft.
• Reviews and ensures all required entries into the aircraft logbooks and permanent records are accurate and preserved in
accordance with company and FAA requirements.
• Updates and interfaces with Computerized Maintenance Tracking Program.
• Procurement of parts and materials.
• Perform maintenance planning along with the management oversight of inspections, repairs and modifications
Ensures timely scheduling of maintenance in order to least impact client’s flight schedule and provide for high degree of aircraft availability.
• Proactively provides recommendations for modifications and upgrades, as necessary.
• Obtains vendor proposals for upcoming maintenance packages.
• Establishes contracts, publications, and subscriptions.
• Preparation of an annual maintenance budget for assigned aircraft.
• Reviews and approves invoices generated for assigned aircraft. Reconciles invoices with vendors and process to accounting department for payment.
• Maintains a purchase order log for all expenditures on assigned aircraft.
• Other duties may be assigned, as needed
This job may have internal supervisory responsibilities if additional staff personnel supporting the account are assigned. This job has external supervisory responsibilities with third party vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Two (2) years of college or equivalent technical training, in related field preferred
• Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (A&P) Certificate mandatory
• Inspection Authorization (IA) desired
• Ten (10) years experience in aviation maintenance
• Three (3) year’s or more of practical corporate aircraft maintenance experience on assigned or similar type of aircraft.
• Thorough knowledge of maintenance planning, along with management oversight of inspections, repairs, and modifications.
• Flexible working schedules is a must.
• Ability to lift 25-40 pounds with some assistance.
• Self educator and motivator.
• May be required to be 21 years of age or older and have
a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Must also be able to pass a required 10-year background check.
Since English is the language of aviation, must be able to read, write and speak the English language fluently and possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Must have the ability to write effective reports and business correspondence. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in person.
Must possess the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Operational knowledge of laptop and desktop computers, working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat or related presentation programs. Operational knowledge of Outlook is required. Competency with internet navigation is also required. Experience with CTA/FOS and Computerized Maintenance Tracking software programs is desirable.
Ability to solve technical and practical problems and deal with a variety of intangibles in situations where only limited communication, support, information and access exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or sit for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending,twisting, pulling and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects
weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. The employee may be occasionally required to climbs ladders, high spaces and/or stairs. Specific vision required for this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions although most of the time is in an office, workstation, shared space, and/or warehouse. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace. The Hangar environment may be extreme hot and cold during certain seasons of the year.