Amentum is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 2 Electro-Environmental in support of U.S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM. This position is governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 49th Maintenance Group (49MXG), 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) supplementing the 49th Component Maintenance Squadron (49 CMS), 49 Equipment Maintenance Squadron (49 EMS) and 49 Maintenance Group Staff to support flying training for the 49th Wing’s (49 FW) training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM.
The Aircraft Mechanic 2 Electro-Environmental maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Performs off-equipment maintenance on E & E system components and associated test equipment. Included are control, protection, caution, and warning panels; lighting equipment; frequency and load controls; anti-icing controllers; inverters; voltage regulators; nose wheel steering and anti-skid amplifiers; generators and integrated drive generators; actuators, relays, motors, and valves; lighting equipment; fire and overheat panels; fire extinguishing equipment; aircraft batteries; and special equipment testers.
- Performs cryogenic maintenance on mobile aircraft servicing units. Maintains electrical wiring and connectors. Uses electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and other test and support equipment. Maintains compressed gas equipment.
- Inspects and evaluates aircraft E & E maintenance activities. Determines operational status of assigned assets.
- Interprets inspection findings and determines corrective actions. Ensures compliance with technical publications and directives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.