Avenir Aviation •
This position reports to the Chief Inspector CVG. The responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Disassembly, clean, inspects, and repair body or structure of aircraft according to the applicable technical data.
- Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or assembly installation.
- Read work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts of structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
- Cure bonded structures, using portable or stationary curing equipment.
- Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal or composite tools, machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned duties.
- Verifying calibration status on all precision tools and test equipment prior to use, and when finding a tool out of calibration notifying their respective shop manager.
- Ensuring no expired shelf life materials is used.
- Assisting in the development and training of new technicians.
- Must be able to multitask and willing to take on any challenges.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life, and Workers Compensation Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- FAA Airframe and Power plant Licenses, preferred.
- +5 years of experience repairing airframe composite/sheet metal components including nacelles, control surfaces, radomes, exhaust nozzles, doors, panels, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must provide experience and training certificates with resume.
- Must have own tools.
- Ability to pass pre-employment/random drug screening.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Possess a clean driving record.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and flexible shifts if requested.
- Familiarity with FAR 145.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English. Spanish is a plus.
- Must be teamwork oriented and self-motivated.
- Able to work independently and with little supervision.
- Must be able to multitask and willing to take on any challenges presented.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, bend and kneel down.
- Able to travel to and remain in Miami, Florida for a consecutive period of up to 1-month for hands on training at our main facility.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)