Lockheed Martin •
Description:Lockheed Martin located in Syracuse, NY, is in search of a motivated mechanical engineer to support critical hardware production and development for the U.S. Navy. The candidate is expected to apply best industry practices to solve various design, analysis, test, and manufacturing challenges. The activity will include but not be limited to technical production support (MRB, DFMEA, FRB), new design, research, analysis, hands-on build, test, and troubleshooting of equipment. The position will require the individual to contribute to the overall Engineering and Technology (E&T) organization efforts in capacities including peer reviews, design reviews, DFX meetings and group discussions evaluating technical aspects of various product designs. The Engineer will be expected to lead design efforts for system sub-assemblies or potentially for small self-contained systems. The individual will be expected to interface with customers within the E&T organization as well as across the company. The candidate will need to work independently to complete designs, often with oversight from senior mechanical or systems engineering staff. Prior experience within the defense industry is a plus.
- Design and analyze components and electro-mechanical assemblies using machined parts, sheet metal, plastics, elastomers, composites, weldments, CCA materials, cable harnesses, etc.
- Create and maintain mechanical solid models and sketches using Creo.
- Manage bills of material (BOM) within LM’s Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) system.
- Responsible for performing design verification efforts.
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and documenting findings through internal and customer processes.
- Updates program management on project progress and roadblocks.
- Contribute to cost/benefit trade-off analysis and feasibility studies.
- Develop and implement new fixtures and equipment.
- Demonstrate manufacturing feasibility and technical justification for selected design approaches.
- Support product lifecycle management ushering a product from concept through production implementation.
- Review hardware parts for obsolescence and identify suitable replacements.
- Mechanical related failure analysis of hardware.
Skills that will be used in this position include the design of printed wiring boards, electronics packaging, structural designs and environmental survivability of structures and electronic modules intended for undersea applications.
Hardware/Mechanical (Design) Engineering:
PRO-Engineer (CREO) or equivalent.
Application of finite element analysis to a real-world situation
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong problem solving skills.
Familiarity with MS Office Suite.
Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DoD security clearance.
Ability to travel up to 10%
Electronics packaging experience
Design for manufacturability.
Knowledge of materials and corrosion control.
Experience with additive manufacturing
Knowledge of undersea systems
Experience with ANSYS APDL (Classic)
Experience designing for additive manufacturing
Knowledge of acoustic sensors
Experience with design optimization tools (generative design, topology optimization)
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)