Mechanical Engineering Section Manager - Site Development and Integration
Raytheon Technologies •
We are Raytheon Technologies, an innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We know that a diverse company is a strong company. Our employees come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation.
This position is located in Marlborough, MA. The location of work performed by the teams may be domestic or international depending on the program.
We are seeking a Section Leader in the Mechanical Products Team (MPT) to support the Tactical Radar Products Department within the Site Development and Integration Section. The Section Leader performs direct line management activities and provides leadership. These activities include technical oversight of programs, technical development of people, training, performance management and resource allocation. As the manager for the section you will lead large, diverse teams of 20 - 30 engineers by providing highly skilled Multi-Disciplined Engineering design services across all program phases focused mainly on Design and Development of Facilities and Site Design, development of Facilities Requirements Document and Installation Plans, management of subcontractors in the Design and Construction of facilities for large fixed based radar systems, and installation of Prime Mission Equipment (PME).
The Section Leader will team with the Department Manager in the execution of MPT and Raytheon Missile & Defense Engineering goals. The Section Leader will ensure two-way communication for section members; serve as the day-to-day liaison to the programs concerning employee job assignments, performance and recognition. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions, optimizing resource utilization and interviewing applicants.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Skills & Education:
Desired Skills & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering disciplines, hard science, mathematics, or physics
- Eight (8) years of engineering experience in mechanical design, and/or design experience of large electromechanical systems used in applications requiring high reliability and extended life (6 years with MS degree or 4 years with Ph.D.)
- Prior experience as a frontline or project leader
- Three (3) years direct experience in facilities and/or site design, development and construction.
- Experience with an Earned Value Management System
- Industry experience involving military applications and/or environments
- Six Sigma Specialist certified
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Current Security clearance
- Willingness to travel, including international
- Familiarity with Performance Development Process
- Familiarity with Labor Forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven multitasking skills
- Demonstrated excellence in past work performance
- Working knowledge or experience with facility design and development, facility requirements including knowledge applicable standards
- Experience with construction management
- Experience with Military Radar equipment and integration at site
- Experience with proposal capture process and development of TINA compliant basis of estimates
- Familiarity with the program financial labor estimation processes
- Earned Value Management System Certified
- Demonstrated team player, with excellent collaboration and mentoring skills
- Advocate for process improvement (eg CMMI, R6S), team builder and able to build strong relationships and effectively collaborate with internal resources.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)