Wheels Up is looking for a world-class Mobile Support Unit Aircraft Technician to join our team of dedicated and passionate professionals, fueled by the most powerful brand in private aviation, as we continue our mission of democratizing the private aviation space through cutting-edge technology and innovative product and service offerings.
The MSU Aircraft Technician will perform a variety of aircraft modifications and maintenance functions on AOG aircraft on road trips. Duties include advanced troubleshooting, removal and installations of airframe components, landing gear, engine components, electrical components, control systems and any other maintenance requirements required to return aircraft to service.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with scheduling, flight crews, Technical Support, vendors, and leadership.
- Perform maintenance and servicing of all aircraft mechanical and avionics systems.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently to perform assigned maintenance and avionics tasks.
- Responsible to coordinate/order, receive and inspect all tooling and materials needed to service the aircraft, prior to use/installation.
- Responsible for inspecting the MSU truck, tools for calibration/operation, stocking levels and hazmat.
- Arranges the shipment of all core units and tooling back to the proper location.
- Properly completes work order signoffs, logbook entries, shift turnovers, expense reports and all other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all work accomplished meets quality standards, maintenance manual and company policies.
- Establishes and maintains a professional working relationship and promotes the Wheels Up brand positively when interacting with others.
- Properly identifies (tags) parts and equipment. Stores aircraft components and other property securely and safely.
- Operates and supervises use of special support equipment used in removal and installations of major components.
- Coordinates with Line Service and FBO ops to schedule movement of aircraft and assist with movement of aircraft.
- Provides regular updates on aircraft status and all support activity to MCC and leadership, as needed. Reliable, self-motivated, and able to deal with stressful situations and timelines while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Assists in training new/junior employees.
- Responsible for maintaining company training requirements.