NO PRIOR AIRCRAFT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, JUST NEED MECHANICAL APTITUDE - (ie S-M New Grads Would Be Perfect.)
Excel working in a team environment, mechanical skills a plus. Structural background a plus, read and understand blue prints.
Knowledge and use of basic hand tools, interpret and understand aircraft maintenance manuals, technical orders to assist senior technicians in the inspection and repair of customer aircraft. Strong mechanical aptitude. Must be able to work any shift.
This is an entry-level position in which the individual will be trained in the manufacturing processes of the aircraft. In a team environment, under direct supervision, perform a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under specific instruction and guidance, perform fitting of detail parts and basic drilling and riveting operations using basic mechanic hand tools (pneumatic drills, rivet gun, counter sinks, reamers and files, etc.)
- Ensure parts and work content meets the instructions of assigned manufacturing employee and/or Quality Control Inspector.
- Learn to read work orders, blueprints, and specification sheets to determine sequence of operation and work requirement.
- Align and assemblies parts to be riveted using holding fixtures, pins, clamps and fasteners.
- Observe and assist to become familiar with parts and assemblies, then works with decreasing supervision as experience is gained.
- Perform other duties as assigned.