Overhaul & Repair Mechanic III
MD Helicopters, Inc. •
Overhauls and repairs helicopter parts and assemblies assuring reconditioned items meet company and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) standards and specifications. Assembles include rotor hubs, transmissions, linkages, and other mechanical assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Uses planning documents, tech manuals, written instructions, schematics, blueprints and other applicable technical data to disassemble, clean, inspect, repair, assemble, and test various helicopter components. This may require the use of specialized test equipment to verify proper installation and operation of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic, structural and composite components.
• Uses all standard or special tooling required for mechanical, electrical or airframe installation, removal, rework and repair.
• Uses shop stamp or test stamp to sign off completed work to include execution of planning documents, test procedures, inspection discrepancy records, product assurance records and applicable program documentation.
• Must be knowledgeable in the use of precision measuring equipment such as dial calipers, vernier scales, dial indicators, depth gauges, etc…
• Identify the correct subcomponents/parts required to accomplish the overhaul/repair of various helicopter components. Maintain OJT records to accurately reflect the work for which they have been trained.
• Implements all company safety and Foreign Object Damage (FOD) procedures and directives.
• Maintains test gear and shop equipment to a high standard.
• Applicant must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and be adept at multitasking.
• Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Skill set – mechanical, electrical, structures, composite, and avionics.
• The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate is required.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to get along with others and be part of a team.
• Access to Export Control Information.
• Regular and timely attendance at the worksite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• This job requires a minimum of high school education and 5 to 8 years work-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous helicopter experience a plus.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A& P desired but not required
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position is designated by the employer to be a safety-sensitive position.
• Work performed in an office and factory settings.
• Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
• Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)