Production Technician - 184116
Chipton Ross Inc •
Duration 6 Months
Description Chipton-Ross is seeking a Production Technician for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
Assemble, set up, test, and prepare product for shipment to customer in a manufacturing environment. This position includes and is not limited to sub-assemblies, finished product and warranty replacement parts. The technician will be using hand tools, powered tools, fork lifts, and computer technologies.
When necessary, the technician will also cross-train and participate in other aspects of the business, particularly on the Inventory Control side.
• Perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
• Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned function.
• Handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
• Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Latest versions of documents are available on the intranet. Check revision of hardcopy documents before use.
• Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages.
• Help prepare all finished products for shipment; clean package and load materials into carrier's vehicles.
• Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly.
• Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team based attitude. Support peers in time of high demand by working hours assigned and overtime as required; also comply with scheduled start/stop times and break periods for the facility.
• Lift 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation as required.
• Work in a timely manner to ensure customer needs are fulfilled and deadlines are met. Work at a pace that meets expected productivity goals.
• Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, fork truck, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment.
• Experience with computer software setup calibration and troubleshooting.
• Perform other functions as assigned.
• 2+ years Production experience.
• Basic Computer setup calibration and troubleshooting skills.
• Must possess an understanding of OSHA safety rules for warehouse work.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
• 1+ years of Fork lift operator experience.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 7a to 5p; possible OT when a business need
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)