- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience staging, installing, removing and de-staging propulsion engines
- A&P license
- 2+ years of experience working on aircraft or rocket engines
- 5+ years of aerospace engines experience
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems; and/or propulsion engines
- Strong mathematical, basic computer, problem solving and decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to meet aggressive schedules
- Ability to operate and understand readouts on standard cell instrumentation: CRT screens, Daytronic vibration analyzer, and make full use of computer network systems
- Willing to work either 1st shift (5:00 AM -3:30 PM) or 2nd shift (3:30 PM - 2:00 AM), overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.