The USMC MQ-9 CLS Quality Assurance Representative is a highly qualified aircraft mechanic or aircraft avionics technician with experience in quality processes and procedures. This position supports fulfilling inspection, documentation, and reporting requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) as well as the ability to perform direct, hands-on maintenance requirements if and when required. The QAR will directly support the USMC MQ-9 Quality Manager while at the same time being available to support hands-on maintenance on an as needed basis.
- Perform O-Level QA on MQ-9 aircraft and/or Ground Control Stations (GCS)
- Work from blueprints, maintenance manuals, quality control procedures, quality instructions, contractor standard specifications, Naval inspection manual/cards and military technical directives.
- Inspect aircraft mechanical, electrical and electronic systems assemblies and engines using general and special test equipment.
- Monitor all required inspections of maintenance procedures and systems checkouts and is authorized to inspect safety of flight related maintenance actions.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of flight line operations along with the ability to comply with DAFI 21-101, DAFI 21-103, NAVAIRINST 3710.1 (series) and CNAFINST 4790.2 (series) as applicable to MQ-9 maintenance.
- Ability to recognize Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) aircraft discrepancy trends; develop trend analysis reports; compile and organize data; and brief verbally or in writing to the Quality Manager; Site Manager; or to designated Government officials directly associated with the contract.
- Interface with the Site Manager, QM, and Government CORs to identify quality issues, resolve problems, and implement effective corrective action.
- Provide advice and guidance in interpreting company, program, and government standards and regulations, including ISO 9001 and AS9100/9110 registrations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to prepare and present on-the-job maintenance training and technical briefings.
- An extensive knowledge of UAS maintenance procedures and aircraft systems, specifically MQ-9, DoD and Federal Government directives and procedures, and Company and Customer policies and guidelines.
- Participate in safety committee meetings to offer quality-related improvements for any safety, health, and environmental concerns across the program.
- Use Company proprietary and government furnished computer-based tools, as well as written policies, procedures, and directives to conduct maintenance activities and assess manufacturer, customer, and company related information.
- Direct and assure that maintenance personnel comply with all manufacturer Airworthiness Directives, Engineering Authorizations, and Service Bulletins, as well as company and customer defined policies and procedures for the maintenance of the RPA fleet.
- Coordinate with the Site Manager to ensure that required training is provided and documented for unit personnel.
- Align company standards and practices with customer accepted policies and procedures, including compliance with applicable directives and related instructions.
- Adhere to contract standards as defined in the contract (including modifications), and the statement of work (as amended).
- Review the maintenance delays and system discrepancies as a means to develop and implement appropriate measures to improve overall performance.
- Instruct and assist in the training of lower level employees in proper work methods and performance of their job duties.
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed by the Program Manager.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have an active Secret US Government clearance with the ability to obtain a Top-Secret clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Minimum of ten years performed within the last fifteen years of experience performing repairs of high-performance aircraft and/or MQ-9 remotely piloted aircraft and associated Ground Control Stations (GCS)
- Minimum of three years of aircraft maintenance experience as an aircraft quality assurance representative/specialist in military aviation (E-6 or higher), or civil service (WG-10), or Government aviation maintenance Contractor Inspector.
- Minimum of three years MQ-9 maintenance experience either as Aircraft Mechanic or Avionics Technician.
- Aircraft Mechanic or Avionics Technician Qualified
- Specialized training courses regarding aviation maintenance
- Successful completion of the Navy Quality Assurance Program
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Computer/typing skills and knowledge of applicable software.
- Willingness to work odd hours to include some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel to dispersed operating locations CONUS and OCONUS.
- Must be able to lift / carry items in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English, and must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship upon hire.
- Must be qualified Air Force, Navy/Marine Weight and balance certified as per Tech Order 01-1B-50 or be willing to obtain certification within 90 days of hire.
- MQ-9 Aircraft Mechanic experience or MQ-9 Avionics Technician experience.
- MQ-9 Weight and Balance Certified. Experience with AWBS program.
- Extensive aircraft maintenance flightline knowledge and experience.
- Specialized training and hands-on experience in Quality processes
- Active Top Secret clearance
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement