Quality Control Inspector - (BS) Uganda WASS
AAR WASS •
SUMMARY:Is responsible for maintaining the Quality Control, Environmental and Safety Programs at the field level in support of assigned aircraft and support equipment. Coordinate with the Customer Quality Assurance Representative concerning quality matters, mandatory inspection points and final acceptance inspection of contract end items or services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NATIONALIZATION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect, remove, install, repair, replace, modify, disassemble, reassemble and calibrate complex aircraft mechanical and electromechanical systems in accordance with maintenance manuals, test procedures and other military publications.
- Perform the receiving, in-process, final quality, flight safety inspections and functional operational tests during organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance, modification and repair of military tactical aircraft systems or associated components.
- Approve or reject work accomplished by field team members to ensure compliance with customer specifications, standards and technical data.
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other related documentation to determine feasibility and method of altering or repairing the aircraft and its associated components, determining the airworthiness of the aircraft and its associated components and replacement for malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Review and approve locally developed procedures and solutions to complex repair situations.
- Perform analysis of defects and interprets quality control rejection and failure trends.
- Monitor safety, training, and certification requirements.
- Using checklists, perform daily work site Safety Inspections and Foreign Object Damage Inspections.
- Monitor tool control programs, inspects and maintains records to ensure that measuring and test equipment meets calibration requirements.
- Maintain Quality, Safety, Training and Certification Records.
- Inspect forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of U.S. Army Manual 95-1and DA /DOS PAM 738-750 / 751 or U.S. Air Force Technical Orders along with maintenance sections of the certificate holder's maintenance manual, the operations specifications, the provisions and applicable parts of FAR Part 135.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide Host Nation training and oversight of Quality Control personnel in support of performing maintenance on aircraft and their associated engines and sub-systems to ensure airworthiness.
- Provide oversight and training for contractors if required.
- Assist with the development of a HN quality/aircraft inspection training program and the creation of targeted “On the Job” (OJT) training modules to address capability deficiencies when identified.
- Comply with technical data as outlined in US army Manual 95-1 and DA/DOS PAM 738-750/751 or U.S. Air Force Technical Order and DoS supplements and SOPs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have current FAA issued Mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Power plant ratings.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A.A./A.S. or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- FAA Inspection Authorization a plus
- Previous experience working in a Host Nation program
- Minimum 3 years’ experience maintaining specific assigned fleet of aircraft.
- Previous aircraft inspector experience
- Must have exercised the privilege of their A&P license for a minimum of 6 months in the previous 24 months.
- Must have experience working with blueprint drawings, diagram specifications, service manuals, sketches, templates and other technical data.
- U.S. Security Clearance Required.
- Host nation language proficiency per contract requirement.
Job Ident #:
Req No 9037
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC