Quality Control Inspector II - Savannah, GA - LONG TERM- NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Strom Aviation •
Currently seeking Quality Control Inspectors in Savannah, GA with a Minimum of 3 Years Quality Control Inspection Experience in Aviation
In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase Manufacturing, Composites, or Final Phase in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
- Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents.
- Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork.
- Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps.
- Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures.
- Perform transfer and consolidated inspections.
- Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment.
- Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level.
- Provide on the job training for subordinate level inspectors.
- Coordinate inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering and IPT personnel.
- Perform duties of MRB signature authority.Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Lead continuous improvement activities.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Preferred experience of CATIA, Smart team and Solumina. Must be flexible for 1st and 2nd shift.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School degree or GED.
- Completion of formal inspection training program within 90 days of assignment.
- Three (3) years quality inspection experience.
- Five (5) years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC