- Tyonek Services Group is providing full on-site / off-site maintenance flight/Functional Check Flight operations to support the US Army Flight Test Directorate (AFTD at Redstone Arsenal, AL. The support will be conducted in accordance with current Army directives, including but not limited to, AR 95-1 and AR 95-20.
- Areas for support to be provided include completion of all maintenance test flights on AFTD aircraft, fault isolation and troubleshooting, and management of internal contractor pilot and non-rated crewmember flight records.
- The Quality Control/Technical Inspector implements quality control and safety plans to ensure compliance with contract specification and applicable regulations.
- Inspects all phases of a variety of goods, services or operations for conformity to established quality, health and safety, and other operational standards by performing on-going work for compliance with contractual provisions.
- Ensures all services listed on the performance requirement summary are performed in a satisfactory manner.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections.
- Communicates deficiencies to proper personnel and follows up when necessary to ensure that corrections are made.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to learn additional computer skills/software programs.
- Accurately key Data into databases
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff including interactions with other crew members.
- Perform basic mathematical computations.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents results of all inspections.
- Maintains accurate quality control files.
- Maybe be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in management, production management, aviation maintenance, professional aeronautics with technical specializations or aviation quality is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years Army Aviation maintenance experience
- Must have completed a military aircraft repairer school of any of the following aircraft (AH-64A/D/E).
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Army Aviation maintenance quality control experience and have graduated from the BNOCC or equivalent Technical Inspector Course from other services in the Armed Forces.
- FAA A&P License required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Army rotary wing and commercial aviation maintenance practices and regulations.
- Verifiable experience applying aircraft maintenance techniques and quality control functions to include automated TAMMS-A.
- Minimum of two years of experience related to developmental flight testing preferred.
- Must have verifiable experience applying aircraft maintenance techniques and quality control functions to include automated TAMMS-A.
- Must possess a level of experience necessary to inspect all aircraft assigned to AFTD.Must have or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- The work conditions are normally those of a standard office environment where there is little physical discomfort. During the performance of duties outside the office environment, the diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to changes in temperature and weather. May be exposed to areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts.
- This classification activity, while principally accomplished in an office environment, does have duties that require frequent travel and require the individual to work outside the office environment. Typical physical demands or activities include climbing, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, kneeling, reaching and walking. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities. TNC provides all employees and job applicants equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.