Robinson R-44 and Airbus AS350 Mechanic
Rainbow Helicopters •
Rainbow Helicopters is a leading provider of helicopter tours and helicopter charter flights on the island of Oahu. We offer charters and daytime and sunset tours every day of the year.
Rainbow Helicopters has a culture of excellence that provides its customers with the highest level of customer service in the Hawaiian tour market. We are seeking an FAA licensed A&P with recent, extensive Robinson R-44 and Airbus AS350 experience to join our team as a mechanic. The company operates a fleet of both piston and turbine helicopters and is hiring a mechanic to support its growing operations.
The mechanic reports directly to the Director of Maintenance. The qualified applicant will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on both piston and turbine engine aircraft, perform 2200 hour overhauls, and may perform check flights based on qualifications to ensure the safe operation of the company’s helicopter fleet.
Pay and Benefits
- Responsible to the Director of Maintenance for the proper performance of assigned maintenance duties
- Ensure safety is the primary factor in maintenance of the company’s helicopters. Maintenance performed on the aircraft and all associated equipment must be performed safely and IAW FAA regulations and Rainbow policies.
- Document maintenance performed IAW FAA regulations and Rainbow policies. Identify any paperwork discrepancies to the Director of Maintenance.
- Document the status of partially completed work.
- Account for all tools, equipment, parts, and expendable items used during the performance of maintenance.
- Supervise any apprentice mechanics or mechanics helper’s during the conduct of maintenance.
- Inventory, order, and maintain accountability of expendable items and bench stock parts.
- Identify, verify, and order necessary repair parts for maintenance operations.
- Record maintenance performed in the Flightdocs electronic software system.
- Identify to the Chief Pilot and Director of Maintenance any systemic maintenance problems identified in the helicopter fleet.
- Competitive pay scale based on qualifications and experience
- Benefits include health insurance
- Work hours determined by Director of Maintenance in coordination with the Chief Pilot and Director of Operations
- Days off subject to change due to work requirements
- Rainbow Helicopters, 155 Kapalulu Place, Suite 197, Honolulu HI 96819
- Work effectively in a warm to hot tropical environment
- Reach and bend over multiple times in a shift
- Current FAA A&P license
- Current FAA Inspection Authorization a plus
- 3+ years of experience on Robinson R-44 helicopters
- 1+ years of experienced on Airbus helicopters
- Robinson Safety Course
- Airbus Maintenance Course
- Basic computer skills required
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read, understand, and comply with FAA regulations, Robinson Helicopter Company and Airbus manuals and safety notices, and Rainbow Helicopter’s company policies
Rainbow Helicopters is also open to candidates with advanced experience that may qualify for a higher position within the maintenance facility.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and two references.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)