Able to interpret
blueprints, engrg docs and use precision measuring tools.
operation of all tools/equip in the dept incl glass bead &
Must possess basic understanding of shop math. 2
years experience in one of the following or other related experience:
Sheetmetal, hydraulic overhaul, electrical/electronic harness buildup,
electrical systems troubleshooting, battery servicing, APU removal,
installation, and servicing.
Under moderate supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external
aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with
Gulfstream Repair Station requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Apply basic and some advance skills in procedures, techniques, tools,
materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
2. Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and
subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts
and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in
accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor
documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, and other
authorized maintenance data. All activities to be in accordance with
Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet
3. Set up, maintain, and operate necessary test equipment in accordance
with required documentation to perform functional and operational tests
of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
4. Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul
manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity
requirements are met.
5. Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary
structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts.
6. Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices
including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective
7. Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA RS
8. Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
9. Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and
1. Lays-out, removes, fabricates and/or installs major and minor repairs
to flight controls and other secondary structure components(I.E:
honeycomb core sandwich construction techniques, composite repair
techniques, test bench operations, hydraulic press operations, servicing
2. Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts,
components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking,
riveting or other mechanical means.
3. Remove & install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance
for ALL Gulfstream aircraft models.
4. Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses
utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including
splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
5. Utilize training and tools to effectively troubleshoot complex
electrical circuits and or systems during component repair process.
6. Assist with training and instructing of Acft Component Repair I
7. Resolves routine questions and problems, referring the more complex
issues to higher levels.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.