Paradigm Aerospace Corporation International (PAC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Metro Aviation is seeking an Sheet Metal Technician at our Part 145 Repair Station located in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality completions, customizing, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
- Complete understanding of maintenance procedures and requirements
- Have working knowledge of aircraft and aircraft systems
- Able to read and understand blueprints and aircraft drawings/Maintenance Manuals and Installation Manuals
- Be able to build and or repair sheet metal structure to aircraft maintenance manuals or blueprints
- Be able to build and or repair composite
- Help with Disassembly and Reassembly of aircraft panels
- Installation of Kits
- Build items per drawings and or manuals
- Repair Aircraft parts by of sheet metal or composite
- Inspect items for serviceability
- Assist other departments as required
- Road trips as required
- Ensure all tags are properly filled out and attached to respective parts
- Able to consistently produce quality work, setting high standards, team player, good attitude, company oriented
- Must have general hand tools
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA)
- Attention to detail is a must
- Possess work ethics of honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintain safe and compliant aircraft
- Consistently produce quality work setting high standards, team player, good attitude, and be company oriented
- Must be able to pass the OSHA Respirator Medical Evaluation, pre-employment
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years Sheet Metal experience a plus
- Composite experience a plus
- A&P License recommended
- Pro-longed sitting and standing as well as walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, and kneeling
- Frequent use of hands and wrists
- Climbing heights on various equipment
- Lifting up to 50 or more pounds
- Indoor shop
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals is possible
- Moderate to loud noise level
- Light machinery is used
Work Status, Schedule, Travel
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Various schedules available
- Overtime necessary depending on workload
- Some travel may be required
NOTE: The above job description includes major responsibilities as set forth for the position. This description is not intended or expected to cover all details or tasks that may be involved with this position. Rather, it is provided as a general guideline to define the minimum requirements of the job.
While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation/PAC is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation/PAC prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.