Sheet Metal Technicians / Structures Technicians
Commercial Jet •
Commercial Jet Inc., is a leading independent FAA approved and EASA recognized line and heavy maintenance, repair & overhaul (MRO) solutions provider for passenger and cargo aircraft. Commercial Jet Inc. is known for our reliable and expert service for more than 20 years. We have earned the trust of the world’s leading airlines, owners and operators. Our skilled professional team delivers fully integrated high-value aviation service solutions customized to the specific requirements of each customer. As one of the largest aviation service providers in South Florida, Commercial Jet’s team can accommodate multiple wide-body and narrow-body aircrafts, reducing out-of-service time for our customers, including the world’s leading airlines, as well as aircraft owners and operators. Commercial Jet specializes in heavy maintenance and modification services, complete airframe inspections, freighter conversions, interior modifications and avionics upgrade programs.
Our service team includes some of the most talented FAA-certified structural, electrical, avionics and A&P technicians, along with specialists in aircraft modification and maintenance programs. We are currently looking for talented individuals to join our Structures/Sheet Metal Team.
The Structures Technician reports directly to the Structures Lead Technician
- Undertake maintenance, repair and modifications on airframe components and assemblies for aircrafts included on Commercial Jet’s ops specs.
- Required to read sketches, drawing, and schematics associated with assigned task and have a good basic knowledge of where to find proper documentation such as SRM references.
- Perform layout work, measuring, bending, and forming sheet metal in preparation for assembly.
- Fabricates sheet metal from raw stock by cutting down, drilling to prepare for installation.
- Perform the assigned maintenance task in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations, customers approved maintenance program, approved or acceptable data.
- Perform high quality and airworthy work in accordance with the Task Card instructions provided to them by the Project Manager and/or their Lead.
- Become familiar with and follow the requirements of this Repair Station Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives, advisory circular, manufacturer’s service bulletins and any other required to perform their assigned work. Never begin any maintenance unless in possession of the proper, current and applicable approved or acceptable data.
- Ensure that the issued Task Card is properly scanned together with the Technician’s information before beginning the assigned task(s) for time-keeping purposes.
- Adhere to Commercial Jet’s standard procedures and policies.
- Accurately and legibly, record the maintenance or alteration on the proper repair station and/or customer supplied forms including their signature or initials and employee number.
- Report any difficulties, uncertainties, unserviceable equipment or potential safety hazards to their supervisor and observe all safety precautions in the performance of assigned tasks at all times.
- Report any tool issues to stores and ensure the correct tag is attached and properly completed.
- Take part in any required training including GMM and safety.
- Keep all work areas clean and orderly.
- Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 3 years working experience.
- Possesses a valid A & P
- License, FAM certificates and has had OJT
- Ability to speak, write and read English. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Position requires frequent walking, standing and/or climbing
- Candidates are expected to have knowledge and experience in
- working through specially designed airframe, engine and undercarriage openings while standing on ladders or scaffolds; to use hoists and lifts; required precision instruments and other necessary tools.
- Must be able to lift and/or pull objects weighing at least 50 lbs.
Job Ident #: