Sheetmetal Technician I - Dallas
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
The Sheetmetal Technician I works independently or with moderate supervision to fabricate and install complex interior subassemblies in aircraft.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Essential Functions:
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments. Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner. Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and standard of quality.
- Ask questions as needed to understand processes and responsibilities. Keep Leads informed of progress, problems, and job status.
- Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment.
- Assist with disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interiors.
- Sign off drawings and Work Order items.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure conformity with drawings and compliance with approved repair station procedures.
- Adapt to sudden changes while maintaining productivity and standards of quality.
- Use the resource planning system to produce picklists and enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers.
- Effectively use technical reference materials. Learn how to find information.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED required. One (1) year experience of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
- Basic knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (cutting, bending, forming, drilling) is required.
- Blueprint reading and basic math skills are required.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual, and pertinent Process Specifications.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)