The Sheetmetal Technician II works under general supervision to safely layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment, and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, and quality standards and the completed work should meet customer expectations.
Job Description Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Essential Functions:
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment, or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision.
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, signoffs, and quality specifications.
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants, and solvents.
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
- Safely operate shop equipment such as brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions.
- Use the proper hardware for various sheet metal applications. Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies.
- Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- Assist in monthly 5S audits.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and to sign-off work.
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.). .
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to the tool room after use.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed when operating ground support equipment.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft.
- Exchange job-related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with the leadership. .
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
Perform other duties as assigned.