Western Jet Aviation •
WESTERN JET AVIATION, a Gulfstream repair station located on the Van Nuys Airport has an immediate need for a qualified Shop Foreman. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Shop Foreman will supervise 4 lead technicians in a Maintenance Department of up to 30 staff on two shifts.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, directs and coordinates all maintenance crews and operations activities of the company.
- Manages the inspection, service, repair and overall maintenance of aircraft and aircraft engines to verify aircrafts are safe for flight.
- Ensures compliance to all FAA maintenance regulations and requirements.
- Oversees purchases of equipment, parts and components to meet client needs.
- Ensures accuracy of documentation in aircraft, ensures labor costs are in line with billing and ensures client invoices are accurate.
- Maintains constant contact with client to ensure they are kept abreast of any changes/additions to the work orders.
- Supervises all Lead Technicians.
- High School Diploma or equivalent,
- BS degree in Aviation is highly preferred,
- Airframe and Power Plant (A & P) license is required,
- strong knowledge of FAA and OSHA regulations.
- Strong knowledge of technical and financial requirements regarding aircraft maintenance, repair and modifications, must have inspector stamp.
- 8-10 years’ experience in the maintenance, repair and inspection of aircraft.
- Able to identify and analyze technical problems, launching system diagnostics to identify deficiencies, improvements and modification for optimum performance of the aircraft.
- 3-5 years’ experience on Gulfstream aircraft.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED: Effective written and verbal communications skills, able to interactive effectively with all levels of personnel. Sound judgement and decision making skills, critical thinker, uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Able to work overtime and occasional travel.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC