The Sheetmetal Welder performs a variety of metal joining processes and basic sheetmetal tasks in support of the appropriate department.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Fabricate and install interior components as directed by Shop Supervisor or project Lead.
Remove, refurbish, modify and reinstall interior components as directed.
Fabricate aircraft components as requested by appropriate department technicians or external customers.
Research materials and processes as required. insuring compliance with pertinent ANSI, AWS, FAA, and/or Aircraft Manufacturer standards.
Correctly complete required. internal and FAA paperwork.
Correctly use power and hand tools to cut, form, and otherwise prepare pieces for welding.
Make effective use of the existing systems to enter labor against Work Orders, create picklists, purchase requisitions, review Work Orders, add items to Work Orders, and to sign off Work Orders.
Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered. .
Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor.
Comply with safety rules and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.
The Structural Test team is responsible for executing tests in support of company and certification requirements for current and future products.
Structural Test includes testing in support of aircraft structures, powerplant, electrical systems, mechanical systems, flight deck, completions, and flight controls.
Testing could include static and fatigue structural, flammability, or experimental.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Perform activities in support of static, fatigue, flammability, full-scale aircraft, component level, and coupon testing.
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments.
- Sometimes coordinating directly with test engineering
- Fabricate and assemble complex test lab fixture, lab equipment, and test articles with minimal supervision.
- Perform a variety of metal joining processes and basic sheet metal tasks.
- Align, fit, assemble, connect, or install system components using jigs, fixtures, measuring instruments, hand tools, or power tools.
- Rework or modify mechanical parts as requested.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating lab equipment.
- Provide training to less experienced technicians.
- Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
- Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures.
- Use protective equipment as required. and be alert for unsafe conditions.
- Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Desired Skills Minimum two (2) years welding and related experience
- Experience with aluminum and steel welder
- Experience with the following -Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding (GMAW)Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding (GTAW)Shielded Metal Arc (Stick) welding (SMAW)and/or, minimum two (2) years machining and related experience
- Experience with operating and maintaining lathe
- Experience with operating and maintaining milling machine
- Experience with ironworking machine
- Must be able to shear, notch, and punch holes metal parts
- Familiar with cutting equipment (i.e. - plasma and oxy-acetylene torch)