Structures & Payload Design Engineer 2
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Structures & Payload Design Engineer 2 for an opportunity in Hazelwood, MO
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists to develop, integrate and document structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design. Develops, maintains and modifies basic structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle. Performs tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications. Assists with supplier development, test and production activities and coordination with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals. Supports investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements. Works under general supervision.
- Engineering reach back to the prime organization, mechanical, structural, manufacturing engineering and systems engineering.
- Develop recommendations for supplier related issues and coordinate with Supplier Management.
- Implement design changes on spares configurations and new manufacturing processing.
- Develop and implement continuous improvements plans to provide more efficiencies in spares design and fabrication that provide value to Boeing and the customer.
- Develop and implement plans to improve supplier coordination to ensure compliance with the requirements.
- Assists in Model Based Definition activities, converting 2D drawings to 3D models.