Structures Mechanic - 1ST SHIFT - Greenville, South Carolina 18963
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
Sheet Metal Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Sheet Metal Mechanics for an opportunity in Greenville, South Carolina.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sheet Metal Mechanics will be repairing and modifying C-130 aircraft and major subassemblies.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Ability to work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
- Perform difficult structural pick-up and rework such as removing, replacing or realigning ribs, longerons, bulkheads, stringers, or fittings in completed skinned assemblies
- Perform tasks utilizing tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, brake, drill press, and pneumatic riveter
- Perform such final assembly operations as pick-up and rework on structures and installation, installing shortages, and bringing up all items to latest engineering changes
- Complete installation of and fit such items as clamps, brackets, angles, longerons, supports, bulkheads, battery boxes, and component parts such as avionics equipment
- Perform trimming, milling operations, reforming and altering parts and structures as required. Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches
- Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
Qualifications and requirements:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- FAA Airframe or Powerplant license is a plus.
- 3+ years of Aircraft Structural Modification experience is required.
- Flight Control repair and overhaul experience required.
- Required to complete and pass a skills assessment for official acceptance on the project.
- Must provide personal tools and shadowed toolbox required by the Company.
- Personal tool inventory list must be completed prior to arrival.
- Candidates must pass a tool inspection on their first day or they will not be permitted to work (inventory sheet in the attached Toolbox List)
- Have the ability to work any shift and/or weekend as directed by operation requirements.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)