PDS is seeking an Sr. Aircraft Technician (Sheetmetal) for an open position in Columbus, MS.
In your role you will:
- No Tools Required!
- High Pay Rate!
- Per Diem Available for Candidates that Qualify!
- FAST FEEDBACK!!
Perform detailed sheetmetal modifications and repairs on multiple airframes or parts as assigned by the lead technician.
Tasks include assembly, fabrication and installation of sheetmetal components or aircraft parts and maintenance/repair of helicopters to support delivery schedule.
- Performs sheetmetal installations and fittings on multiple Airbus Helicopters airframes (H145, H125, H130, H135, H160, UH-72A).Performs layout of sheetmetal parts by measuring and scribing in preparation for cutting and forming operations
- Performs installations of major and minor modifications per STC instructions.
- Performs cutting, joining and clearance of sheetmetal structure per design drawing and standard practices.
- Prepares patterns and/or templates to simplify installation processes and to assure proper dimensions.
- Assures that installations are attached without endangering aircraft structure or systems operation and function.
- Conducts close out inspections prior to signing off confirmation of work performed.
- Makes adjustments to latches, windows, cowlings and covers.
- Utilizing engineering blueprints, installs prototype parts and close tolerance materials to print for certification purposes.
- Performs sealing of installations. Sealant installations must meet quality guidelines for both form and function.
- Performs adjustments to ensure fit on new installations and modifications.
- Use a variety of standard and specialized hand tools, power equipment, measuring devices and test equipment in completing work assignments.
- Assist in providing new project quotes for manpower guidelines as directed by management.
- Performs inspections on helicopter fuselages, dynamic and hydraulic components.
- Reads and interpret manufacturer's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Applies sheetmetal repair schemes to aircraft utilizing drawings and blueprints.
- Applies skillsets and experience to assure performed repairs are within tolerance.
- Completes forms and records pertaining to completion of assigned work, within SAP system and manually in workbooks per repair station manual
- Maintains responsibility to keep scrap at minimum levels within work area
- Assure that completed work complies with FAA regulations, customer requirements, and company specifications
- Maintains close working relationship with assigned Management with regard to schedules, priorities, availability of parts, supplies and tools, and special instructions as required
- Assists with training of new sheetmetal personnel with ojt.
- Updates aircrafts logs and records in accordance with repair station guidelines.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.